Lasting Powers of Attorney
Advice on setting up lasting powers of attorney
Fully Managed Service
There are two types of Lasting Power of Attorney whereby you give someone else control over your future:
- Health and Welfare: gives power to the attorney to make decisions about the donor’s healthcare and personal welfare. These decisions can only be taken if the donor lacks mental capacity, and may include decisions on whether to accept or refuse “life sustaining treatment”, and
- Property and Affairs: gives power to the attorney to make decisions about the donor’s property and financial decisions
Prices: From £250 + VAT
Single Person LPA(s)
- Welfare LPA: £350 + VAT
- Property LPA: £250 + VAT
If we prepare both together the cost is £450 + VAT. Saving £150
- Welfare LPA £400 + VAT (for one LPA for each party)
- Property LPA £300 + VAT (for one LPA for each party)
If we prepare both together the cost is £550 + VAT. Saving £150.
- Setting up of the appropriate type of Lasting Power of Attorney, over welfare or property (or both)
- Guidance to you and your attorneys on signing the documents
- Completing the registration forms
- Advising on eligibility for fee remission or exemption
- Ensuring registration with the Office of the Public Guardian
- Advice on placing restrictions and conditions
- Discussing how attorneys should act
What’s not included?
- Office of the Public Guardian fees (£82 per LPA)
- Registration at later date
- Business LPAs
- It isn’t necessary to register an LPA straight away, however we recommend registering before the LPA becomes necessary, as the registration process can take several months. Registering the LPAs will not prevent managing your own affairs while you are still capable of doing so.
If your matter is more complex you might be charged an hourly rate, which we will inform you of. Hourly rates vary based on the experience of the fee earner and range up to £225.