Protecting Family Wealth
Planning a secure future for yourself and your family or your business is one of the most important steps you will ever take.
At Arnison Heelis we recognise that your individual situation is unique and therefore if estate planning is to be valuable it must be founded on a comprehensive overview of your personal circumstances.
We provide face to face advice and specialise in meeting the needs and concerns of people like you who have worked hard to build up their assets. Some of the more common questions that we are asked are:
- If I die first, how can I look after my spouse but still ensure my children will benefit?
- How can I provide for a disabled child but not affect their benefits?
- How can I provide effectively for a child with dependency/financial problems?
- How can I protect my assets against my son/daughter-in-law?
- How can I reduce inheritance tax payable on my death?
- How can I assure the continuation of the family business after my death?
Inheritance tax planning in particular can be extremely beneficial. Inheritance tax is paid on the value of assets which are passing on death. It is currently charged at 40% above the inheritance tax threshold and affects many UK families, even those with modest wealth. This is mainly due to the rise in property values over the last few years and it is estimated that millions of UK home owners may now fall within the clutches of this tax. Therefore, proper inheritance tax planning could save your family thousands of pounds.
There are a number of steps you can take to mitigate or reduce your potential inheritance tax liability. Our experienced private client team can review your circumstances with you and advise you on the most appropriate steps for you. We can help you put in place an effective Will that specifically meets your requirements as well as setting up any arrangements that may be advisable to protect your assets and to mitigate any potential inheritance tax liability.
Our experts in this area are Trevor Price and Sarah Griffiths who can be contacted on the numbers below or email at [email protected]